Wednesday 3 September 2014

Oh! What a beautiful morning! {Spring is here}

Over in my neck of the woods there's not a cloud in the sky.  It's a be-yew-tiful day.

If I could, I'd share it with you, but despite the romanticism of Dickens, it is actually impossible to put my day in a box and send it to you.  That's right, you can't even see it at your leisure.  Days like this simply must be enjoyed in the moment.

Sorry to burst your bubble ;)


























Yep, Spring is definitely here.  It's one of my favourite seasons.  Or perhaps it's more accurate for me to say Summer is my least favourite season.  But then that implies that, in the order of seasons, moving from most liked to least liked, there is still some level of liking of Summer.  Which is completely inaccurate.  I hate Summer.  If I could I would strike it from the list of seasons.  That's it, no more Summer.  From now on, Spring will just continue on through December, January and February, until we once again reach Autumn.  Uh huh.  I like the sound of that!

Summer is just too hot.  I mean, 30 degrees plus??? Ugh.  For someone who doesn't like water*, and therefore swimming (unless I am pregnant, and I reserve the right to change my mind during pregnancy), Summer is pretty yuck.

But back to the purpose of this post - HOORAY FOR SPRING!  The first signs of a future harvest are showing... sweet, juicy passionfruit!



























And delicious, red, self-seeding (which makes them taste even better because they're free!) cherry tomatoes.





































The flowers are in bloom too, which makes a garden such a happy place.




























And I'm inspired to sew for warmer weather...  perhaps a dress for Rosie...?



*Yes, I did say I don't like water.  It makes my hands wrinkly.  Yes, you read that correctly too - it makes my hands wrinkly and I don't like the feeling.  In fact, I hate the feeling.  To me it's like fingernails on a chalkboard.  And I don't like sand either, so that completely rules out beaches.  Which is kind of ironic, considering I live at the beach.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home