Friday 28 February 2014

Vintage sheet-aholic

Hi, I'm Xanthe, and I'm addicted to op-shopping.  Particularly for vintage sheets.

You see, when I find a vintage sheet, or even a pillowcase, I just cannot help myself.  I'm sure it's not all my fault.  They beckon to me.  Truly they do.



Vintage sheet:  "Xanthe... oh Xaaaaaaaanthe....come and feel my beautiful soft cotton... you know you want to... I know you can't resist my retro florals...  And did I mention I have practically NO washfade, nope, not me, I'm not just any old vintage sheet after all... You KNOW you want me!  You KNOW you do!"

Xanthe {with arms out like a zombie}: "Must buy vintage sheet...."



See,  I told you.  It's just not my fault.  I pretty much have absolutely no control over my capacity to make coherent decisions when it comes to vintage sheets.

And so it is, that I find myself writing this blog post today.  Because one girl can simply never have too many vintage sheets.  At least, that's what I tell myself whenever I find myself in the aforementioned scenario.


Alas and alack, my sewing room is simply not big enough to store them all (ok, now i'm really starting to sound like a loony - it's really not that bad).  But, it is time to move some on.  I've told them it's time.  And believe me, they've tried their darndest to make me keep them, teasing me with their potential.

Vintage Sheet No 1: "But look at my pattern - can't you just see me randomly placed amongst other vintage sheets in a retro quilt???"

Vintage Sheet No 2: "Honestly Xanthe, I can't believe you're even considering getting rid of me.  In all my time I've never come across another vintage sheet in as good condition as me.  Nope.  Not ever!  And, boy, am I old!"

I know, I know.  But sometimes there's just TOO MUCH potential, and a girl needs to do something to regain her focus.  To take a step back from admiring and actually DO.


I have considered that by selling some of the sheets I may be encouraging a similar addiction in someone else, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?

So, check out my Etsy shop.  You won't regret it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home