Tuesday 11 March 2014

{Pretty Pillowslips} Something for me

It's not often I make something for myself - something I really love and can't wait to use.  So, these pillowslips are a bit of a treat.




And the fact that my husband, my dearest, darlingest husband, is letting me have florals in our bedroom???  I mean, really?

I used one of my most coveted vintage sheets for this project, and splurged on 100% premium cotton for the crochet trim, which I made a bit more scallopy by adding in a couple of extra treble stitches.  Crochet is fast becoming one of my favourite past times.  It's so transportable, and extremely fulfilling.

Very soon I'll be making vintage pillowslips with crochet trims available in my Etsy store.  I'll let you know when ;)
I can't show you photos of these in situ just yet.  Let's just say that if there was such a thing as a Pinterest Test, my bedroom would fail miserably.  Currently, it's a beautiful palette of cardboard box brown, with a feature of texturised baby poo brown.  Needless to say, we will be painting.  Daniel is in the process of painting the rest of the house and it's myriad colours (mustard, red, aubergine, khaki, green... seriously, the previous owners must have been colour blind!).  Dulux Antique White USA, I love you.I had a strawberry-covered 'helper' while photographing the slips this afternoon.  He thought it was hilarious to put his foot on my lovely white board.  
Me: "Lewis, take your foot off, please." *I remove his foot*Lewis: *giggles, and puts his hoof back on my board*I tells ya, if he wasn't so squishy and cute...

2 Comments:

At 28 March 2014 at 09:50 , Blogger Dani @ The Domestic Darling said...

Ohhhh these are lovely!!!

 
At 29 March 2014 at 16:56 , Blogger Xanthe said...

Thanks Dani! I really love them :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home