Monday 18 August 2014

{Wife-made} The "Heidi" Apron Skirt

Sometimes, when I see a beautiful vintage linen in an op shop, just sitting in a pile of other run-of-the-mill, ordinary linens I just can't help myself.

Ok.  I'll stop myself right there.  Let's be honest.  I mean, you guys are starting to get to know me better now, so even you can probably say, "Now, hang on a minute there Xanthe, are you being completely honest about this, or are you, perhaps, telling a little ol' fibberola there??  Huh? Huh? Whaddya reckon?".

Alright.  Let's start again.

Sometimes When I see a beautiful vintage linen in an op shop, just sitting in a pile of other run-of-the-mill, ordinary linens I just can't help myself.

Better?  Yeah, ok.

So, as I was saying, I love old linens.  They're just too lovely to waste.  And they're just too lovely to leave sitting in a pile in my linen closet.  And because I keep buying said vintage linens I really need to find a way to use them so that I don't become that weird lady down the road who collects vintage linens.  You know, kind of like the weird cat lady..?

So I came up with this.



 I really love it!!!!  And in case you couldn't already tell by the excessive use of exclamation marks, I really, really, really love it.  This one is my absolute favourite.  Those strawberries.  I'm sure they were made for this skirt!  And that Riley Blake fabric... a perfect match with the vintage linen apron.

And then there's this one... oh the cross-stitch.  How I love cross-stitch.  If only it wasn't sooooooo utterly time consuming I'd really do it more often.  But I'm very happy to make use of someone else's labours.



And then there's this one... a lovely crinoline lady taking her puppy for a walk... *sigh*



And this one... a hand-embroidered garden design, with the lovely Jennifer Paganelli Circa fabric.



Oh, and THIS one makes my heart skip a beat.  I'm so torn on this one - it may not stay in my Etsy shop for long... I may need to keep it... yes, I said need.



So I'm seeing them teamed with tights and boots for cooler weather, and perhaps even a little faux fur vest...  and for Spring and Summer?  Just a cute little singlet or T-shirt, and some little leather sandals No!  Wait!  Teeny tiny Birkenstocks.  Oh yes!  (Oh no! says my bank balance.)

If you want one, head over to my Etsy shop - they're available now.  The one above may not be though, still undecided.........

P.S.  How good is it to be back blogging regularly again!?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home