Monday 24 February 2014

Housework

I always feel like I'm buried under a pile of housework the size of Mount Everest.

I can never seem to get ahead of it, or on top of it, if we're sticking with the Everest analogy.  So, I'm trying out a Housekeeping Checklist.  To start with, I trawled through Pinterest, hoping to find one to match my own needs perfectly.  I know, I know, extremely unlikely.  Believe me, there are lots out there.  But if I'm going to follow a housekeeping program, I want to know that at the end of it, the needs of MY house are met.  I want a thoroughly clean house.  I want the odd jobs included, the things that I don't even think about day to day, like washing windows.  Because, if they're not included, well, they just won't get done, darn it!  

So, as you might expect I had to come up with my own, to suit my own home (fairly standard four bedroom, two bathroom, two living areas, rendered brick).  If you're lucky, and you have a house about the same size as mine, two kids and a car, you could probably use this one too!  But in the likely event that you can't, feel free to leave a comment with your email address and I'll be happy to send you through the Word doc so you can make your own changes, additions etc :)

To clarify - I don't expect to get every task on this list done everyday.  It's a guide, and if I don't get something done one week, I'll try to start there the next week.  Obviously some tasks will be done everyday, like cleaning up the kitchen, or wiping down surfaces with spray; but others, like tidying the car or the fridge, may get missed every so often.  I'm not too worried.  My house is standing at the moment, despite the enormous pile of 'filing' sitting on the desk.  Needless to say, it's one of those messes that sends me to my 'happy place' ;)

Whatever happens with this checklist, I'm pretty certain it won't be worse than it currently is!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home