Sunday 19 May 2013

Dolly Love


With the last two posts being all about my wonderful family :), I thought I'd better hurry up and post about something I've made lately.  Which, to be honest, has been hard to come by since I've been crazy busy with life lately.  But, here's my latest.  FINALLY.  A dolly quilt and pillow for the Rosebud's birthday.


I found the little cradle at a local online vintage and secondhand store.  It had a little dolly in it when I picked it up, but it was channelling a little too much 'Chucky' (hair was falling out, no clothes, crazy eyes, a little beyond redemption...) and I didn't want to give the Rosebud nightmares so I left it with the lady.  I think the cradle must be at least thirty years old...?  Possibly older?  The enamel is peeling off everywhere, but I think that gives it a bit of old world charm.  I love vintage.


The little quilt and pillow turned out exactly as I had hoped.  I'm really happy with it.  It's got cotton batting in the quilt, so Rosie's little dolls will be warm in winter and cool in summer.  Just perfect for our climate ;)


The Rosebud loves it too.  She's been tucking 'Bubba Boy' in and pulling him out, feeding him, tucking him back in, rocking him to sleep.  I love how she's progressed into imaginative play now.  It's lovely to see her pretending like that.


Bubba Boy is actually a she, but every doll is now a boy since Lewis arrived :)
"Good girl, Bubba Boy" she says as she plays.  Too cute.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home