Monday 27 August 2012

Olives. O love 'em. Ol' of 'em.

Translation:  Olives.  I love ‘em.  All of ‘em.  It’s a silly little saying my husband pulls out around olives, and which has absolutely no relation to the actual topic of this post, that being Oliver + S! 

If you are a sewer (read sew-er as in fabric etc, not poo.  How pitiful the English language can be!!) with small children and have never come across these patterns then I am about to blow your mind!  Yep, blow your mind :) If you already know about these patterns and have sewn with them, then I’d say I’m probably preaching to the converted.  But that's never stopped me before...

I don’t know who first introduced me to Oliver + S.  I have an inkling it may have been the same friend who introduced me to blogs, but I can’t remember for certain.  Anyway, when I first came across these little beauties, I promptly bookmarked the website address  (oliverands.com for those who don’t know it) and have pored over the beautiful children’s patterns ever since.

And finally,  drum roll puuuuuh-lease!!  After much looking and longing (over 12 months worth), I am excited to announce that I have become the proud owner of Oliver + S patterns (that's right, plural, not just singular.  Thank you Mr Taxman). 

And here they are...


So far, I've got the Bubble Dress pattern, the Sailboat top, skirt and pants pattern and the Swing tunic and skirt pattern.  Cute.

I would have bought the paper patterns, but when I want something, I want it now, so I went with the digital.  I know, impatient.  Waiting for something to arrive via snail mail is lovely and all, but I’ve currently got itchy fingers that really want to see outcomes.  Sure, it means a bit of extra work printing off, taping together and cutting out the pattern pieces, but I figure it will be worth it in the end, seeing Rosie toddling around in her new little outfits that I made with my own two hands.

I can’t wait to show you the results.  So stay tuned!

X

:)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4 March 2014 at 22:30 , Blogger Unknown said...

Pat Sloan interviewed the person who created Oliver + S. She is a quilter as well. I think she called it after her children. I agree the patterns are so different and so 'old fashioned' but totally modern. I used to buy European patterns when my kids were little. The came in a book and you had to draft the pattern. The cut of the pattern was so superior to Style and Simplicity. I wish I could remember the name.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home